Old 12-05-2013, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Have I made a mistake?

In article ,
Jake wrote:

Does Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum) usually flower at the
same time as common lawn daisies? If so, I have put some in
the wrong place :-(

If you mean O.umbellatum, it's spring flowering so "Yes". The other
hardy spring one is O.nutans which is less invasive.

It is supposed to be O. umbellatum, but "spring flowering"
isn't a single epoch. Most of the naturalisable spring flowering
bulbs are early spring, but bluebells and daisies are late spring.

If it normally flowers a bit earlier, then it won't be hidden
by the daisies. If it normally flowers late, I need to plant
some more in another place.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.