Old 12-05-2013, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Have I made a mistake?

On Sun, 12 May 2013 14:27:33 +0100 (BST), wrote:

It is supposed to be O. umbellatum, but "spring flowering"
isn't a single epoch. Most of the naturalisable spring flowering
bulbs are early spring, but bluebells and daisies are late spring.

If it normally flowers a bit earlier, then it won't be hidden
by the daisies. If it normally flowers late, I need to plant
some more in another place.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Mine (nutans) have gone over. They're not in the lawn but would be a
lot higher than daisies if they were. This article on the Guardian web
site indicates some may be flowering later:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...star-bethlehem

--
Cheers, Jake