Old 12-05-2013, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Help identifying some Unknown trees, possibly Cherry?

On Sun, 12 May 2013 04:08:25 -0700 (PDT), The NakedTruth
wrote:

Hi all,

I suspect these might be cherry trees as some stones were planted a few years back. But then last year they just shot up and this year have grown another 3 ft.

Can anyone confirm whether these are cherry tree or if not what are they?

Pictures he

http://imgur.com/a/WuywK

Any help is appreciated.

You could try keepting them in biggish pots for a few years.
I have a cherry, grown from a stone, which is over 26 years old. It's
in a not very large pot and is treated as a bonsai. It flowers and
fruits each year now, if I can keep the birds off. I root-prune it
every few years and cut it back when it gets too big!
Pinch the tops out and let them branch out, unless you want columnar
trees. They will branch naturally in time.

Pam in Bristol