Old 14-05-2013, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Help identifying some Unknown trees, possibly Cherry?

On Tue, 14 May 2013 12:24:15 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Sun, 12 May 2013 23:16:30 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

I have a cherry, grown from a stone, which is over 26 years old. It's
in a not very large pot and is treated as a bonsai.

Is there any special technique in germinating a cherry stone, or did
you just plant it and wait? And how large a pot is 'not very large',
i.e. approx. diameter across pot top? Are the fruits full size?

I certainly used no special techniques, just sowed a few and hoped! It
was a long while ago! The pot is a glazed bowl-shaped one aobut 12
inches in diameter. It has been root-pruned in the past, then I stood
it on my gravel garden for some years, during which it rooted through
into the ground! I cut through that root and move it every now and
then to prevent it "digging in its heels"!

Pam in Bristol