Old 15-05-2013, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Roundup alternative - Touchdown IQ - dilution rate

On 15/05/2013 10:43, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Tue, 14 May 2013 21:23:34 +0100, postmaster @ stejonda wrote:

In message , Martin Brown
writes
I'd still get a basic wand sprayer you really won't regret having one.

Screwfix just around the corner have one for £9.99. I'll get it,
dedicate it to glyphosate and may even use it if it stops raining.

Can I recommend the slightly more expensive 16 litre back pack from
Screwfix?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/16ltr-backpack-sprayer/50062

Can I further say "Bast*rds!!!!"

I paid £19.99 the other week and it is now £16.99.

I started out using a 2l pressurised sprayer with a wand.

I spent more time pumping than spraying and a lot of time walking to the
tap and back to refill.

I reckon a 7L pressurised sprayer is about right for most uses unless
you are a very inorganic grower or have acres of land to deal with.

This back pack has a built in pump (the vessel isn't pressurised) so you
pump with one arm and direct with the other.

8l will more or less do an allotment half plot if you are sparing soft
fruit areas, rhubarb beds etc.
For 100% coverage of a half plot 16l may be required.

I don't disagree with your numbers, but I only apply weedkiller to green
weeds and skip any clear ground or paths.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown