Old 16-05-2013, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default Marshalls Seeds - quick check

On Thu, 16 May 2013 00:16:47 -0700, Jonathan wrote:

On May 15, 10:51Â*am, "David.WE.Roberts" wrote:
I am on their mailing list and now subject to temptation.

Especially, thinking of buying some yellow courgette plants because
I've tried to buy from local sources and grow from seed for the last
few years and have ended up with no fruit or green fruit.

So having an on line order for yellow fruiting courgettes seems a good
way to have some come back.

The concern is delivery of poor quality plants.

Have people had good experiences with Marshalls?

Cheers

Dave R

Yes I think they are good but a bit pricey now. This year I bought my
seed from Dobies who are cheaper (probably less seed in the packet.) I
have been a customer of Marshalls for about 25 years and have always
been happy with their products. The only plants I have bought from them
were asparagus crowns - still doing well.

Jonathan

Thanks - good feedback :-)