Old 16-05-2013, 09:45 PM
boogaloo boogaloo is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Girl View Post
boogaloo wrote:
Hello

I had some mysterious plants left over at the end of last year that
had never done anything - I was fairly sure they were cauliflowers.
They never came to a head but stayed resolutely alive thorughout the
winter. They're now starting to flower, and I wondered if they are
indeed cauliflowers? It's the first time I've tried to grow them, but
I'm guessing that they never formed a head and have simply flowered
now that it's spring? Assuming I'll not get any veg out of them
now....

Any advice appreciated

Boog

Filename: photo.jpg |
Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15556|

Does it look like the blooming cauliflower in this video?

Flowering cauliflower in our raised organic garden bed - cauliflower flowering - YouTube

--
Natural Girl
Yes it does! It was precisely that video that caused me to make this post... Even in the depths of winter I'd kept a beady eye on these wee plantlets to see what they might be and they've never 'headed' into anything recognisable though. The two identical plants next to it in that border, planted at the same time and of the same age, show no sign of heading either. Is it possibel that because of the rubbish summer they just never quite got their act together and are now throwing up a few optimistic flowers??