Old 17-05-2013, 01:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Am I a cauliflower??

boogaloo wrote:
Hello

I had some mysterious plants left over at the end of last year that
had never done anything - I was fairly sure they were cauliflowers.
They never came to a head but stayed resolutely alive thorughout the
winter. They're now starting to flower, and I wondered if they are
indeed cauliflowers? It's the first time I've tried to grow them, but
I'm guessing that they never formed a head and have simply flowered
now that it's spring? Assuming I'll not get any veg out of them
now....

Any advice appreciated

Boog

Filename: photo.jpg |
Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15556|

You are a brassica but probably not a cauliflower. Just which brassica is
hard to say, cabbages will send up a flower spike like that as do brocoli
and many others, including hybrids.

David