Old 17-05-2013, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Marshalls Seeds - quick check

On 2013-05-17 11:02:38 +0100, Baz said:

Just a general query - have any of you bought seeds from Tuckers or
from Nicky's Nursery? I ask because Istr a germination trial a
couple of years ago showed that both sold seeds with a good
germination rate.
http://www.tuckers-seeds.com/
http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seed...able-seeds.htm

You'll see our name on the Tuckers site but that's because we have a
small plant sales area there, not because we sell seeds!

I have bought from Tuckers, but only because everywhere else such as
T&M, Suttons and Marshalls etc. were 3 times the price.
Parkers are good and cheap....read economical. And reliable IME,
I have no idea how the big 3 seed companies price their products!
Almost twisting.

Baz

Does that mean you didn't continue to buy from Tuckers because the
germination rate was poor, Baz?

No. It was the high price, Sacha.

Baz

Ah, I thought you meant the others were more expensive. I was in
Tuckers this morning but didn't think to look at seed prices. I will
next time!

The others, T&M, Suttons and Marshalls etc. ARE more expensive by a long
way. Tuckers are cheaper by comparison. I thought I had made that clear.
Tuckers ARE cheaper, but still very dear compared to, say, Carters or
Parkers.
Everything we do here in our house has to have a budget. Even for seed or
anything to do with the garden. I try hard to keep to that budget.

Baz