Old 17-05-2013, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Roundup alternative - Touchdown IQ - dilution rate

On 17/05/2013 15:39, Phil Cook wrote:
On 17/05/2013 02:39, Jeßus wrote:
On Tue, 14 May 2013 18:37:05 +0100, "postmaster @ stejonda"
wrote:

In message , Martin Brown
writes
On 14/05/2013 17:41, postmaster @ stejonda wrote:

I've bought some glyphosate from my allotment society. I'd assumed
I was
getting Roundup but it's something called Touchdown IQ which is
glyphosate but as sold to commercial growers. I've been advised to
dilute it 10ml in 1 gallon as per Roundup for use with my dribble bar.

It is very wasteful to use it with a dribble bar. You get a lot better
kill with a spray wand and will use much less weedkiller as a result.

but an increased risk of drift surely

So adjust the nozzle to make the drops heavier so they don't drift...

Spraying closer also gives less chance to drift.

The most important thing is to get the droplet size right.
You waste almost nothing using a good wand sprayer close up.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown