Old 17-05-2013, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Roundup alternative - Touchdown IQ - dilution rate

On 17/05/2013 16:30, Martin Brown wrote:
On 17/05/2013 15:39, Phil Cook wrote:
On 17/05/2013 02:39, Jeßus wrote:
On Tue, 14 May 2013 18:37:05 +0100, "postmaster @ stejonda"
wrote:

In message , Martin Brown
writes
On 14/05/2013 17:41, postmaster @ stejonda wrote:

I've bought some glyphosate from my allotment society. I'd assumed
I was
getting Roundup but it's something called Touchdown IQ which is
glyphosate but as sold to commercial growers. I've been advised to
dilute it 10ml in 1 gallon as per Roundup for use with my dribble
bar.

It is very wasteful to use it with a dribble bar. You get a lot better
kill with a spray wand and will use much less weedkiller as a result.

but an increased risk of drift surely

So adjust the nozzle to make the drops heavier so they don't drift...

Spraying closer also gives less chance to drift.

The most important thing is to get the droplet size right.
You waste almost nothing using a good wand sprayer close up.

I have no idea what you mean by "A wand Sprayer" do you mean one of
those things you sling over a shoulder and have to pump up every 2 mins?
I would get a Backpack Sprayer
sprayer,several available for around £30 to £35.
The lance mostly has a Poly nozzle that throws a fan shaped spray pattern.
You have a handle which you keep pumping to get a steady uniform spray
pressure.
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...ails/051712275
Other sprayers are available many holding 15 litres.