Old 18-05-2013, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Am I a cauliflower??

boogaloo wrote:
Thanks for the replies... Take it that because it's flowering it's
beyond producing anything edible? I did wonder if it was a cabbage.
If a cabbage has flowered like that is it past the point where it
would create a head?

Yes, that flower stalk would emerge from the centre of the cabbage, bursting
through the head if their is one. Normally this is not seen as we cut the
heads before they get that far.