Old 18-05-2013, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default Gravelled bed

We have a 3x3 metre bed that needs to be low maintenance. We have
bought a decent size Crinodendron hookerianum (as suggested in a
thread a few weeks ago) to plant in the centre. The proposal is to
lay weed control fabric over the area and then apply approximately
60mm of gravel, possibly leaving a narrow bed at one edge for small
perennial plants.

The question is - is it OK to put the fabric and gravel right up to
the base of the Crinodendron or should there be a clear area of soil,
say 60 cms diameter?
--
rbel