Old 20-05-2013, 01:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Best pattern to plant 2 varieties of tomato plants?

On May 19, 12:30*am, Billy wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
On May 18, 7:02*pm, Brooklyn1 wrote:
wrote:

I have a 4 x 6 matrix of spaces to plant 2 varieties of tomato plants

WTF is a matrix of spaces... 4 x 6 what... inches, feet, yards?
In a 4' X 6' space all you have room for is like four tomato plants,
maybe.

I have an area big enough for 24 plants, 4 rows x 6 columns gives 24
plant spaces, and with 2 varieties of tomato plants *I just wondered
about planting the two varieties in a checkerboard pattern or
alternate rows rows or columns of each variety, or,aybe just two big
blocks, each one containing just one variety of plant. *I was looking
for which planting pattern would give me the most tomatoes, if there
was any difference.

Your choice of language unfortunately reinforces the image of
Brooklynites as uncouth individuals, who aren't very bright.

Brooklyn1 is only typical of drunken jerks. He has nothing to do with
Brooklyn, and his previous nom de plume was Shelly. Forget
Brooklyn1/Shelly, his only link is to a bad liver. What are your
cultivars? Big ones go to the North. Un-caged tomatoes take more space,
especially determinates.

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg- Hide quoted text -

I planted all 24 plants, 12 of each of 2 varieties, in a checkerboard
pattern.

a b a b a b
b a b a b a
a b a b a b
b a b a b a
a b a b a b
b a b a b a
a b a b a b

So, too late to change my mind, but if a good reason I can do
differently next year.