Old 21-05-2013, 07:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default first tomato spotted

In article ,
Higgs Boson wrote:

On Saturday, May 18, 2013 2:08:54 PM UTC-7, Gus wrote:
This morning, noticed there is already a little tiny tomato forming on one

of the plants. The plant is only about a foot tall and haven't staked it

yet, but there's a little tiny tomato about the size of marble.

Me, too. Got a few happy lil' campers. Hope they maintain their "cool"
through the summer. Because our beach community gets marine layer, at least
through "May gray" and "June gloom", tomatoes don't always do well.

I've had good years and bad years and terrific years.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother. In summer, good US tomatoes are cheap and
abundant, esp. at the farmers markets. In winter, when I yearn for them, can
only get Mexican ones (fertilized with the stuff we sell them because it's
illegal up here) Go figure!

HB

What stuff is illegal here that fertilizes tomatoes there?

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.