Old 26-05-2013, 06:54 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Transplanting Lily of the Valley

Hench writes:

Can it be done? and how?

zone 5a/5b Ontario Canada. Currently have under a magnolia tree 21
started shoots of Lily of the valley. Spaced about 6 inches/15 cm
apart.

I have in another part of my property lily of the valley that is
really starting to self grow to the point where I have to cut it back.
It really took off in that part this spring. So I would like to
transplant another 20 shoots to under that magnolia tree.

Can it be done?

Of course it can be done, we gave some to neighbors years back and
they did fine.

Just dig em out and plant them somewhere else.

--
Dan Espen