Old 26-05-2013, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Allotment site is busy today.

Baz wrote:
Some are only just sowing seed!

Others are putting up netting over brassicas and soft fruit. As we are.
That is something I forgot to do yesterday.

There is a guy who has some little tiny pods on his The Sutton broad beans.

Another one has runner bean seedlings comming up in the soil. I germinated
mine under glass and are behind his I think.

Most activity is earthig up the potates, and drinking tea.

After planning to spend all 4 days of the weekend on the allotment, I just
about made it to it by 6.30pm tonight! :-(

No tea, and no potatoes to earth up. Ours are still sat on the window sills.
Soooo far behind this year! 75% of the way to having a bed ready to get the
runner beans into.

But after not going last weekend, and all the rain this week, the weeds are
HUGE. Nick has been strimming madly.

Lots of little green redcurrants, and some slightly bugger green gooseberries.
Strawberries flowering like mad. Autumn raspberries are a foot or so tall,
but totally weeded over all of a sudden, after all my hard work. :-(

Got courgettes, butternut, beans, tomatoes, potatoes and brassicas all ready
to go out. Just put some carrot seeds and peas in one of the only available
spots.

Planning, again, to head out early in the morning. Let's see how it goes ...