Old 26-05-2013, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Allotment site is busy today.

Some are only just sowing seed!

Others are putting up netting over brassicas and soft fruit. As we are.
That is something I forgot to do yesterday.

There is a guy who has some little tiny pods on his The Sutton broad beans.

Another one has runner bean seedlings comming up in the soil. I germinated
mine under glass and are behind his I think.

Most activity is earthig up the potates, and drinking tea.

Baz
Old 26-05-2013, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Baz wrote:
Some are only just sowing seed!

Others are putting up netting over brassicas and soft fruit. As we are.
That is something I forgot to do yesterday.

There is a guy who has some little tiny pods on his The Sutton broad beans.

Another one has runner bean seedlings comming up in the soil. I germinated
mine under glass and are behind his I think.

Most activity is earthig up the potates, and drinking tea.

After planning to spend all 4 days of the weekend on the allotment, I just
about made it to it by 6.30pm tonight! :-(

No tea, and no potatoes to earth up. Ours are still sat on the window sills.
Soooo far behind this year! 75% of the way to having a bed ready to get the
runner beans into.

But after not going last weekend, and all the rain this week, the weeds are
HUGE. Nick has been strimming madly.

Lots of little green redcurrants, and some slightly bugger green gooseberries.
Strawberries flowering like mad. Autumn raspberries are a foot or so tall,
but totally weeded over all of a sudden, after all my hard work. :-(

Got courgettes, butternut, beans, tomatoes, potatoes and brassicas all ready
to go out. Just put some carrot seeds and peas in one of the only available
spots.

Planning, again, to head out early in the morning. Let's see how it goes ...
Old 27-05-2013, 05:40 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post
Got courgettes, butternut, beans, tomatoes, potatoes and brassicas all ready
to go out. Just put some carrot seeds and peas in one of the only available
spots.

Planning, again, to head out early in the morning. Let's see how it goes ...
I'm feeling relatively pleased. Having decided to beat the slugs by using the empty winter space in my greenhouse for the chard and brassicas, I know have a little "vegetable garden" on the terrace of a couple of dozen 15in square pots with chard in red, yellow and white varieties, kale in both light green and grey green, and huge purple sprouting plants, also the first broad beans in flower and another couple of pots with sturdy little plants. It all looks brilliant!

Slugs, and lack of sun anywhere in the garden, means that courgettes, cucumbers and tomatoes will all be in the greenhouse, but at the moment they're on the conservatory windowsill getting used to having been turfed out of a nice warm bathroom.

And the cacti have come into flower this week - late, but welcome nonetheless.
__________________
Old 28-05-2013, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Martin wrote:
Lots of little green redcurrants, and some slightly bugger green gooseberries.

Bigger or buggered?

Heh. Bigger. At the moment. May later be buggered.
Last few years they've been getting covered in something that looks like a
ladybird larvae, which I'm a bit surprised at.

Planning, again, to head out early in the morning. Let's see how it goes ...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! ?

Precisely!
Old 28-05-2013, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Going rather off topic, but ...

kay wrote:
No Name;984054 Wrote:

.... why am I nameless? :-(

Old 28-05-2013, 02:27 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post
Don't blame me. I'm posting from gb which is incapable of getting things in the right thread, so identifying people is a wee bit beyond it. I've never known you as anything other than "No Name" ;-) I suppose it is conceivable that the person I know as "No Name" is in fact 6 different people.

Nick McLaren has recently been rechristened "email withheld" ;-)