Old 27-05-2013, 05:40 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post
Got courgettes, butternut, beans, tomatoes, potatoes and brassicas all ready
to go out. Just put some carrot seeds and peas in one of the only available
spots.

Planning, again, to head out early in the morning. Let's see how it goes ...
I'm feeling relatively pleased. Having decided to beat the slugs by using the empty winter space in my greenhouse for the chard and brassicas, I know have a little "vegetable garden" on the terrace of a couple of dozen 15in square pots with chard in red, yellow and white varieties, kale in both light green and grey green, and huge purple sprouting plants, also the first broad beans in flower and another couple of pots with sturdy little plants. It all looks brilliant!

Slugs, and lack of sun anywhere in the garden, means that courgettes, cucumbers and tomatoes will all be in the greenhouse, but at the moment they're on the conservatory windowsill getting used to having been turfed out of a nice warm bathroom.

And the cacti have come into flower this week - late, but welcome nonetheless.