Old 30-05-2013, 09:28 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenny View Post
I have an overgrown bank under trees and bushes; apart from bluebells and daffodils in season, it has nettles, ground elder, garlic mustard, goosegrass, ivy etc that I try and keep under control. I now have this thing - it's thigh-high with long red hairy stems and big leaves (about hand-sized). I'm hoping it's not ground-elder gone triffid-size. Can anyone identify it please? Thanks.
It looks like hogweed, which is not a problem. If it carries on growing till it is taller than you, it may be giant hogweed, which can cause skin rashes.