Old 01-06-2013, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Strange pigeon behaviour

Does anyone know why wood pigeons lie down in the grass on our lawn?
We've seen several of them do it but can't say we've noticed it
particularly before this year. It doesn't seem to matter whether the
grass has just been cut or not, nor whether it's rained or is dry.
They're alone when they do it and often remain stationary for several
minutes. We haven't noticed that the collared doves do it, only the
wood pigeons, it seems.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com