Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_10_] View Post

I really like things plonking themselves wherever they wish. If
they're a real nuisance, they're usually easily plucked out if caught
quickly. The foxgloves that decide where they're going to go, joined by
the Aquilegias, the Alchemilla mollis, the Welsh poppies etc. do give a
relaxed charm to the garden which is my personal preference.
-
I'd agree with all of that ... except the Alchemilla, which in this garden has a nuisance value alongside that of Herb Bennet and lesser celandine.

Another charming self seeder is Malva moschata, especially the white one - long flowering season and attractive dissected foliage.