Old 02-06-2013, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID please

On 02/06/2013 15:38, wrote:
Hi there,

Could anyone help me with the name of the plant/shrub in the top of this picture (above the geraniums).

http://www.colourbox.com/image/medit...-image-2064762

Also, any advice on whether it would grow in the UK would also be appreciated.

Ian

Looks like Hibiscus rosa-sinensis to me, or something very similar.
Definitely a hibiscus, anyway. They are not hardy in the UK, and would
not survive a winter outside, but would be suitable for a conservatory.

You can usually find them in various flower colours in garden centres.

--

Jeff