Old 03-06-2013, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
fran fran is offline

Default Please help.... Dying/sick rose

Sounds like a virus. Dig it out, including the roots. I would not
plant another rose there as you do not know if the virus is in the
soil.

On Mon, 20 May 2013 15:08:34 +0200, Sarah Fogg
wrote:

Hi, we recently moved to a house with beautiful climbing roses around
the front door. A rose bush on each side, these were pruned in the
autumn and although one side is flourishing the other has produced a few
leaves which have now turned brown. It is alive but I fear it is slowly
dying. There are no actual signs of pest or disease on the plant it's
just not producing shoots?

Any advice?
Thanks so much