Old 04-06-2013, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Odd marks on leaves

David Hill wrote in
:

On 03/06/2013 20:22, Pete C wrote:
"Baz" wrote in message
"Pete C" wrote in
o.uk:

While I was weeding the plot this morning, I noticed sky blue marks
on broad bean leaves. On further inspection, I found the same on
French beans and peas. Some just spots, others about 5p size. It
wipes off with a wet finger. Any ideas as to what this could be?
Ta

I have no idea what this can be. BUT I would spray them with Provado
Ultimate Bug Killer. Yes I know that it is not friendly. But what
else can you do? Catch 22 situation. Beans or no beans? I hate these
decisions, but usualy spray if my plants are threatened.

Thanks Baz. Not keen on sprays if I can help. Will wipe all the
leaves clean tomorrow and see what happens.

Why spray with an insecticide?

Why not? Do you have a better idea?
I have found that a dose of Provado Ultimate Bug Killer does the job in
most cases where the cause/pest/parasite/fungi is not known. So if it works
for ME, it should work for others.

Baz