Old 04-06-2013, 05:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default today

In article ,
songbird wrote:

Billy wrote:

I was finishing up my planting, the important parts, anyway) on Sat. I
spent about an hour fussing starters into the ground. When I was done, I
just wanted to lie in the shade, and call 911. Half a gallon of water
later, I found out it was 97F (a record here for that date:6/1).

eek!

Don't push yourselves. Summer is just starting, and you'll acclimate to
some of the heat, but you'll have to be smart about the rest of it.
Safe gardening.

i'm a firm believer in siestas on days when
it gets too hot. we had a hot day last week near
90F along with high humidity. i worked outside
in half hour shifts and drank a lot of water.

not interested in encouraging cataracts (one
possible side effect of dehydration).

this week is much more normal and i'm hoping
to make the best of it.

got a lot done today, just not what i planned on
doing. instead planted a few hundred square feet
of flax (golden seeds -- seems to be an annual
instead of biennial/perennial like the black seed
type we have wandering around in other places).
also put in the cosmos (yellow, red, orange mix)
a few squash plants...

tomorrow is another day.

songbird

Gender bending again, Scarlett?

Another day indeed! Now tote that barge, and lift that bale.

I want to see that garden growing.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/