Old 06-06-2013, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default bronze tools

In article ,
says...

On 06/06/2013 09:21, Janet wrote:

Professional gardener friends run an amazing biodynamic veg garden and
have been using these tools for a few years. They swear by them, and
brought a couple to the last meeting of our local garden club to show
us.. I am smitten by the Sirius hoe :-)
Anybody else tried them?

http://www.implementations.co.uk/site/home

Janet

At that price and with biodynamic connections you have to be joking.

I've known them (and their garden) 20 years; they are fulltime, highly
skilled gardeners feeding a sizeable community. I often worked in their
garden when it was run organically. I've seen for myself the
inexplicable transformation in productivity that took place after the
property owner insisted the (somewhat unwilling and cynical) gardeners
to change to biodynamics.

You
could get a complete set of tools for the price of one item!

True. But that hoe is not just perfectly balanced in weight, it has a
subtly shaped wooden handle that fits perfectly in the hands.

The last time I found new tools with such ergonomically comfortable
handles, was a set of hand tools from the Design Centre over 40 years
ago. They were "an extravagance" at the time but have been in daily use
ever since.

Janet.