Old 06-06-2013, 09:31 PM
boogaloo boogaloo is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Thursday, June 6, 2013 4:00:14 AM UTC-4, boogaloo wrote:
Hello

Last year I planted some rambling roses that I'm training to grow up a

trellis and over the front of my house. They've taken really well, but

are throwing out a lot of vertical shoots that are leaning off the

trellis and sticking out of the front of the house by quite a way. I

don't want to tie them in, as there's already a lot of growth and I

don't want the 'branches' to rub against each other.

Is there any harm in cutting these back at this time of year? If they're

already a little enthusiastic I dread to think what they'll be like by

the end of the summer!

Any advice appreciated.

--

boogaloo

As long as you have plenty of summer ahead of you there should be no problem cutting it back now.
Thank you!!