Old 25-04-2003, 03:44 PM

Default Tomato blight

solarize the soil OR
get bags of sheep manure. cut an X in the bottom to let water drain, cut a couple X
in the top and plant tomatoes and/or peppers. plant in the bag. OR
get some containers, mix manure and soil mix, plant in there.
seriously use drip irrigation get one of those automatic watering things so there is
even moisture all summer. if planted in plain dirt fertilize all summer long. I
notice a huge difference one summer between plants planted in the dirt far away vs
plants planted near the compost bins. Ingrid

(Janet Margaret Castle) wrote:
For the past few years my tomato plants have been increasingly sickly. I
have tried moving the location but have a small garden so the
possibilities are limited. Almost a failed crop last year convinced me
that I must either treat the soil or not plant tomatoes. I really do want
to keep the tomatoes but have no idea what can be done to keep them
healthy. If you have suggestions, they would be appreciated! Many
thanks.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com