Old 07-06-2013, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Source of frost free pottery tubs

On 07/06/2013 07:16, Broadback wrote:
I am looking for a selection of these, apart from the local garden
centres is there a good source (on line would be fine) of these? I lost
half a dozen of mine to frost this Winter!

You don't want "frost free" ones then. They would be large containers
intended to be used in "frost free" greenhouses or outside in mild dry
winter Mediterranean climates where frosts are rare and even if they do
occur everything is bone dry so no spalling damage can occur.

You want high baked "frost proof" or plastic containers that are
impervious to water and frost damage for outside in the UK. They still
don't last forever as they occasionally fall over in the wind and break.

Pottery ones these days never seem to be truly frost proof for me and
last five years outdoors at most before flaking apart. The high glazed
thick chunky ones last best of all but are more expensive.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown