Old 07-06-2013, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Nearly yummy time

Baz wrote:
My broad beans only just have flowers. :-(
Very lovely deep pink flowers, though.

My ones are just plain white.
vicky, which variety do you grow? I would love to have that colour in my
garden next year.

Unfortunately I don't have the name. I got them a couple of years ago from
the Hampshire Potato Day, and they were just sold as "crimson flowered broad
beans". I could send you a handful if I can find the leftovers (that sounds
so mean - you know what I mean!), but the ones I have are self-saved, so they
are a mix so you may end up with all white!
(all the ones /I/ have had come through so far are pink, but you could get a
different set germinate, if that makes sense)

Feel free to send me your address and if I can I'll send you some.