Old 07-06-2013, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Blissful!

On 07/06/2013 18:44, Sacha wrote:
I hate to sound soppy but this really is just such a special time of
year! Our laburnum tunnel is flowering, the climbing roses at the Tea
Room window and on the pillars are outdoing themselves, the iris in the
pond are going mad and the Salvia Blue Enigma is outside in pots and
starting to flower, too. The birds are currently 'hoovering' the Tea
Room lawn and the sun is shining as it follows its way to the west. It's
very hard to think of another country with more beautiful summer
evenings WHEN we get the weather right!

Wouldn't you rather see the late evening sun setting off the sparkling
raindrops left behind by a summer shower, the smell of the freshly mown
lawns duelling with the scent from your climbing roses.
The clink of the ice against the side of your glass of G & T as you put
your feet up to enjoy the cool of the evening.