Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blissful!

I hate to sound soppy but this really is just such a special time of
year! Our laburnum tunnel is flowering, the climbing roses at the Tea
Room window and on the pillars are outdoing themselves, the iris in the
pond are going mad and the Salvia Blue Enigma is outside in pots and
starting to flower, too. The birds are currently 'hoovering' the Tea
Room lawn and the sun is shining as it follows its way to the west.
It's very hard to think of another country with more beautiful summer
evenings WHEN we get the weather right!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 07-06-2013, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

For Friday night 'advert' for your garden centre and tea rooms, that's one
of the best yet.

Your deserve to be packed out

Mike

Old 07-06-2013, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/06/2013 18:44, Sacha wrote:
I hate to sound soppy but this really is just such a special time of
year! Our laburnum tunnel is flowering, the climbing roses at the Tea
Room window and on the pillars are outdoing themselves, the iris in the
pond are going mad and the Salvia Blue Enigma is outside in pots and
starting to flower, too. The birds are currently 'hoovering' the Tea
Room lawn and the sun is shining as it follows its way to the west. It's
very hard to think of another country with more beautiful summer
evenings WHEN we get the weather right!

Wouldn't you rather see the late evening sun setting off the sparkling
raindrops left behind by a summer shower, the smell of the freshly mown
lawns duelling with the scent from your climbing roses.
The clink of the ice against the side of your glass of G & T as you put
your feet up to enjoy the cool of the evening.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Our laburnum tunnel is flowering, the climbing roses at the Tea Room
window and on the pillars are outdoing themselves, the iris in the pond
are going mad

snip

The late spring is still having an effect. The local weekly paper has an
article on the famous laburnum arch at Bodnant gardens. It was not
in flower yet! (I say 'was' not 'is' because we are getting some warmish
weather in North Wales at last, so it may be flowering by now.)

Old 07-06-2013, 09:53 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_10_] View Post
I hate to sound soppy but this really is just such a special time of
year! Our laburnum tunnel is flowering, the climbing roses at the Tea
Room window and on the pillars are outdoing themselves, the iris in the
pond are going mad and the Salvia Blue Enigma is outside in pots and
starting to flower, too. The birds are currently 'hoovering' the Tea
Room lawn and the sun is shining as it follows its way to the west.
It's very hard to think of another country with more beautiful summer
evenings WHEN we get the weather right!
-
Amazing the difference just over a week makes. A week and a half ago in the Dales there was nothing much apart from celandines, wood anemones and primroses. Now it's beginning to look like the beginning of summer - meadow saxifrage, early purple orchids, bluebells, wood geranium. Still primroses, though.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-06-07 19:11:43 +0100, David Hill said:

[...]

Lol!! No shower yet though nothing would surprise me tonight! It's
absolutely still and a bit humid. I'll settle for the morning sun
sparkling off raindrops that fell overnight!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com