Old 08-06-2013, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Another plant identification, please!

Patty Winter wrote:
This little (so far) guy has shown up next to some azaleas
in my front yard. Somehow I have the feeling that it isn't
going to stay small; it looks to me like it will turn into
a large shrub or even a tree. Does it look familiar to
anyone here?

http://www.wintertime.com/Personal/Plants/tree.html

Not one of my areas of strength but it looks like a camelia to me. I doubt
cotoneaster. Check google images for both.