Old 08-06-2013, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Washing up liquid

Sacha wrote in :

I was just talking to Matthew about some people using washing up liquid
to spray whitefly and he's adamant that it has to be Fairy Liquid! He
commented that 'all that eco-friendly stuff is no good' and the
constituents cause leaf scorch. So, for what it's worth I pass it on.
Not that I'm suggesting for one second that anyone should use a washing
up liquid for anything other than its intended purpose but we know how
some people like to bend the rules.....

We always have bought Fairy Liquid, it's sort of a tradition for us from
childhood. It is good stuff. Needs to be good when it is my turn to cook!
When I mentioned in a past thread about spraying with it I was informed
that I need to use liquid soap instead!

Thanks.
Baz