Old 11-06-2013, 11:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Another plant identification, please!

On 10/06/2013 21:34, echinosum wrote:
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;984830']Not one of my areas of strength but it looks like a camelia to
me. I doubt
cotoneaster. Check google images for both.

One little check to do on these possibilities - Camellia has a toothed
edge to its leaf when you look closely. Cotoneaster doesn't - if you
have something that looks like a cotoneaster and it has a toothed leaf
edge, it's probably a pyracantha.

You're right about the leaves being toothed, so not a Cotoneaster. But,
as Nelson didn't say, "I see no thorns". So it's not a Pyracantha.

Any possibility of it being an Escallonia?

--

Jeff