Old 12-06-2013, 07:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl is offline

Default What is name of this bush

Jeff Layman wrote:
On 12/06/2013 09:34, GILL C wrote:
can anyone tell me the name of this bush and also why the leaves are
dropping off and going pale green/yellow?

Filename: GARDEN BUSH - Copy.jpg |
Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15603|

The plant is a Skimmia (probably one of the cultivars of Skimmia
japonica).
Yellowing of the leaves is usually due to it being in full sun in dry
soil. It prefers moist, but well-drained soil, and partial to full
shade.

I was thinking it could be:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ciaranb...to/5424272111/,
but just wasn't sure. This is the picture I was looking at. The leaves
look like the leaves in the original link.

--
Natural Girl