Old 13-06-2013, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Okra

On 13/06/2013 19:50, David in Normandy wrote:
Anyone tried growing okra? I tried some seeds and they germinated well
in my propagator, but haven't grown after that. They are in a warm
polytunnel and most have gone yellow and died.

Grew it in the early 90's, when I worked near Newbury.
Grew it rooted the soil, in a cold frame, once they reached a size the
cover was removed and they carried on with no protection, also grew
Aubergines the same way, and Salsify in the open garden.
David @ the damp side of Swansea Bay