Old 14-06-2013, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pomegranate

On 14/06/2013 08:47, Bob Hobden wrote:
A few years on and our Pomegranate shrub, 7ft tall, has a number of flower
buds on it. I understood that it was unusual for them to flower in the UK
and I certainly would not have expected it after last years bad summer.
Don't hold out any chance of fruit but how are others doing?

Pomegranates don't seem to have a problem flowering in the UK. There
used to be a couple of 2m+ double-flowered pomegranate bushes near the
abbey ruins in Lesnes Abbey Park garden (SE London) which flowered well
every year. But that was in the 90s, and I haven't been there for many
years.

But AFAIK pomegranates don't fruit in the UK.

--

Jeff