Old 14-06-2013, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Pomegranate

On 2013-06-14 08:47:51 +0100, Bob Hobden said:

A few years on and our Pomegranate shrub, 7ft tall, has a number of
flower buds on it. I understood that it was unusual for them to flower
in the UK and I certainly would not have expected it after last years
bad summer. Don't hold out any chance of fruit but how are others doing?

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

The ex in-laws had one in Jersey that flowered regularly but never
fruited. I think theirs was a miniature variety but my memory is of a
long time ago. From what I recall, they lost it in an unusually hard
winter. But while they do flower in warm, sheltered gardens, I've never
heard of one fruiting. Perhaps others will know if they do, though. I
think they're absolutely beautiful trees.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com