Old 14-06-2013, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ground cover toughest, flattest?

On 14/06/2013 18:40, Higgs Boson wrote:
I need to cover a short area -- a path leading from the lawn to a gate which is very rarely used. There is a small area to the R. of the path, up against a neighbor fence.

After debating the up & down sides of DG and pebbles, I am not satisfied with either.

Can anybody suggest a ground cover that lies really, really flat and is very tough. The aesthetics are sort of important, but the practicalities over-ride.

This is So. Calif coastal.

TIA

HB

Bit puzzled why it needs to be very tough if it is very rarely used.

I don't know if it is called the same thing in the USA but what about
wooden decking?

--

Jeff