Old 15-06-2013, 01:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Patty Winter[_2_] Patty Winter[_2_] is offline

Default Ground cover toughest, flattest?

In article ,
Higgs Boson wrote:
I need to cover a short area -- a path leading from the lawn to a gate
which is very rarely used. There is a small area to the R. of the path,
up against a neighbor fence.

After debating the up & down sides of DG and pebbles, I am not satisfied
with either.

So you're looking for non-plant material? If you end up with
spaces between stones or some such, you might consider wooly
thyme. It's very low to the ground, has cute pink flowers, and
can take some foot traffic.

Patty