Old 15-06-2013, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ground cover toughest, flattest?

On 6/14/13 10:40 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:
I need to cover a short area -- a path leading from the lawn to a gate which is very rarely used. There is a small area to the R. of the path, up against a neighbor fence.

After debating the up & down sides of DG and pebbles, I am not satisfied with either.

Can anybody suggest a ground cover that lies really, really flat and is very tough. The aesthetics are sort of important, but the practicalities over-ride.

This is So. Calif coastal.

TIA

HB

Cinquefoil (Potentilla neumanniana, also known as P. verna).

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see