Old 15-06-2013, 09:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Ground cover toughest, flattest?

On Friday, June 14, 2013 5:12:23 PM UTC-7, Patty Winter wrote:
In article ,

Higgs Boson wrote:

I need to cover a short area -- a path leading from the lawn to a gate

which is very rarely used. There is a small area to the R. of the path,

up against a neighbor fence.

After debating the up & down sides of DG and pebbles, I am not satisfied

with either.

So you're looking for non-plant material? If you end up with

spaces between stones or some such, you might consider wooly

thyme. It's very low to the ground, has cute pink flowers, and

can take some foot traffic.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm NOT looking for "non-plant" material. Thyme sounds good.

HB