Old 16-06-2013, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pomegranate

In article ,
RustyHinge wrote:
On 15/06/13 11:49, wrote:

/short list of deceased or winter-mauled shrubs/

That's sad. How well does your soil drain? Of those, the only one
thap happened here was the last - and you don't kill a fig by cutting
it back hard!

Didn't have enough water for drowning, and the soil does drain, though
it's rather heavy.

Howsomedever, we had a prolonged period of temperatures below -15°C, and
down to -19°C one star-spangled night.

A potato vine is killed by less than that, and I am surprised
that mine has survived - though it has been cut right down.
If the bay is dead, rather than just cut down to the roots,
I suspect that wet has more to do with it - well, probably the
alternation of cold and wet.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.