Old 17-06-2013, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default sweet peas

On 17/06/2013 16:46, Bob Hobden wrote:
"stuart noble" wrote

Today I have the first bloom, 22 days later than last year

Ours have been flowering for a while now but we noticed two plants that
have grown slightly taller than the rest ( Early Onward) have two tone
pink flowers instead of the usual white, must have been a couple of
different seeds in the bag. I wonder what they are?

I've lost track of what seeds came from where but they were all sown
last November and hung up outdoors in sandwich bags. They survived the
winter, but the snails crawled over a lot of them in March and left them
for dead.
I think the Spring sown lot will be perhaps 3 weeks behind. One wonders
whether over wintering is worth it. I seem to remember Monty did a
similar test a while back but I don't remember seeing the result