Old 17-06-2013, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default sweet peas

Today I have the first bloom, 22 days later than last year
Old 17-06-2013, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"stuart noble" wrote

Today I have the first bloom, 22 days later than last year

Ours have been flowering for a while now but we noticed two plants that have
grown slightly taller than the rest ( Early Onward) have two tone pink
flowers instead of the usual white, must have been a couple of different
seeds in the bag. I wonder what they are?
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 17-06-2013, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/06/2013 16:46, Bob Hobden wrote:
"stuart noble" wrote

Today I have the first bloom, 22 days later than last year

Ours have been flowering for a while now but we noticed two plants that
have grown slightly taller than the rest ( Early Onward) have two tone
pink flowers instead of the usual white, must have been a couple of
different seeds in the bag. I wonder what they are?

I've lost track of what seeds came from where but they were all sown
last November and hung up outdoors in sandwich bags. They survived the
winter, but the snails crawled over a lot of them in March and left them
for dead.
I think the Spring sown lot will be perhaps 3 weeks behind. One wonders
whether over wintering is worth it. I seem to remember Monty did a
similar test a while back but I don't remember seeing the result
Old 17-06-2013, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"stuart noble" wrote ...

Bob Hobden wrote:
"stuart noble" wrote

Today I have the first bloom, 22 days later than last year

Ours have been flowering for a while now but we noticed two plants that
have grown slightly taller than the rest ( Early Onward) have two tone
pink flowers instead of the usual white, must have been a couple of
different seeds in the bag. I wonder what they are?

I've lost track of what seeds came from where but they were all sown last
November and hung up outdoors in sandwich bags. They survived the winter,
but the snails crawled over a lot of them in March and left them for dead.
I think the Spring sown lot will be perhaps 3 weeks behind. One wonders
whether over wintering is worth it. I seem to remember Monty did a similar
test a while back but I don't remember seeing the result

I've just realised that because three of my neighbours on the allotments are
from Madera and they call eating peas Sweet Peas I've answered your post
with a comment about our eating peas. Mind you those pink flowered ones are
pretty, at least that's my excuse. :-)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 17-06-2013, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/06/2013 16:46, Bob Hobden wrote:
"stuart noble" wrote

Today I have the first bloom, 22 days later than last year

Ours have been flowering for a while now but we noticed two plants that
have grown slightly taller than the rest ( Early Onward) have two tone
pink flowers instead of the usual white, must have been a couple of
different seeds in the bag. I wonder what they are?

Yes but surely Early Onward are garden peas, not sweet peas.

Old 17-06-2013, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/06/2013 19:36, David Hill wrote:
On 17/06/2013 16:46, Bob Hobden wrote:
"stuart noble" wrote

Today I have the first bloom, 22 days later than last year

Ours have been flowering for a while now but we noticed two plants that
have grown slightly taller than the rest ( Early Onward) have two tone
pink flowers instead of the usual white, must have been a couple of
different seeds in the bag. I wonder what they are?

Yes but surely Early Onward are garden peas, not sweet peas.

Well spotted! :-)

is it safe to plant sweet peas in the same yard as garden peas General Schvantzkoph Edible Gardening 3 06-04-2010 11:32 PM
should I bring in the sweet peas before the snow? NAearthMOM Gardening 1 30-03-2003 04:08 PM
sweet peas Ophelia United Kingdom 4 22-03-2003 11:29 AM
Stapling sweet peas SugarChile Gardening 2 26-02-2003 04:15 PM
sweet peas-any secrets to success? NAearthMOM Gardening 12 05-02-2003 06:19 PM