Old 20-06-2013, 10:58 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Thought you might be interested .....

Visited Veddw again last Monday. There were a couple of coach parties
due.
Several years ago, I was in a coach party visiting Oxford Scientific Films. The coach driver was a little unsure of his destination, and seemed rather taken aback when someone said "wasn't that it, that we passed 100 yards back?"

He decided to do a U-turn in a petrol station further up the road. Unfortunately, it had a canopy. The canopy itself wasn't a problem, it was the lights protruding from the under surface. And it wouldn't have been such a problem had the coach driver stopped when he heard the first "crunch" instead of pressing on.

The look of incredulity on the garage owner's face was a marvel to behold!