Old 21-06-2013, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Level a lawn with topsoil

On 20/06/2013 20:09, Bob H wrote:
I want to level my cobbly feeling lawn. It feels like walking on cobble
stones.

Is this because the ground is baked hard clay or very stoney?

I am looking for someone who can deliver a ton or ton and half of
topsoil to my home in Leeds.

I found a place about 8 miles away who would deliver 1 ton for £65, and
I don't know if that is a reasonable price or not.

Does anyone know of anyone more locally who would/can deliver what I want.

You probably want the wrong thing! A sand/peat/topsoil mixture applied
in the autumn is the traditional top dressing method to smooth out lawn
irregularities in combination with a traditional roller.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown