Old 25-06-2013, 09:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default Sweet Peppers

"Cabbage Patch" wrote in message

Hi
Could anybody please tell me how long sweet peppers take to germinate?
I have sown the seeds about two weeks ago and had nothing. Also would
it be worth trying some more.
Thank You
Cabbage Patch

I see that you are in the UK - a friend who lives there tells me that the UK
has had a really cold Spring. Even here in Australia I don't plant any of
the pepper family until late Spring (inside in pots) or Summer (outside in
warm soil) and even then I'm not disappointed if I don't get a harvest
because I know they are heat lovers and my season can be a bit short givne
that I live in a tableland cold climate.